Discover University of Southern California's Rossier School of Education
The USC Rossier School of Education offers select graduate degree programs delivered online. Through a blend of live, online classes and real-world experiences, these programs prepare aspiring teachers, experienced educators and organizational leaders to facilitate innovative learning in classrooms and educational environments around the world. Programs include:
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Designed for aspiring K–12 teachers looking to gain the skills and knowledge needed to become transformative teachers who can help students succeed in any environment. Teaching credential available.
- Master of Arts in Teaching–Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages: Prepares educators with TESOL training to become English language teaching specialists in a variety of settings.
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Organizational Change and Leadership: Prepares current and emerging leaders to create and foster learning environments that drive systemic improvement across a range of organizations.
USC Rossier also offers a Special Education Credential and Gifted Education Certificate delivered online.
BRINGING THE BEST OF ON-CAMPUS ONLINE
Unlike other online learning experiences, USC Rossier's programs feature a dynamic blend of live, face-to-face online class sessions, immersive self-paced coursework, and real-world experiences. USC Rossier students join a unique, collaborative online community of educators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of students. Rossier's online programs feature:
- Academically rigorous curriculum designed and delivered by USC Rossier faculty members.
- The same selective admissions standards as students in the on-campus programs.
- Live, online classes which allow students to network with classmates around the world in an intimate, collaborative environment.
- Hands-on fieldwork which students complete in their own communities, classrooms, or organizations.
- Dedicated student support from matriculation through graduation, including USC’s global alumni network.
USC Rossier master's and doctoral degree programs prepare educators to apply innovative techniques in classrooms and learning environments around the world.
USC Rossier online graduate degree programs maintain the same selective admissions standards as the school’s on-campus programs. Applications must include the following:
- Online application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts
- Personal essays
- Letters of recommendation
- Current resume or CV
- EdD Only: Writing Assessment, GRE score, or GMAT score
Financing your Education
USC administers one of the largest financial aid programs in the United States, and the school's Financial Aid Office provides applications and information about need-based financial aid, departmental grants and long-term financing options.
USC Rossier's online master's and doctoral degree programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). These accreditations demonstrate that the programs have provided evidence of their quality.