About the school
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work educates students with diverse backgrounds from across the country through its on-campus and online programs. Delivered by a top-ranked school of social work (#12, by U.S. News & World Report), the program is celebrated for its innovation; contributions to the field; and dedicated, engaging faculty. Universities, organizations and governments from around the world look to the school for expertise in social work education, clinical practice, research and program innovation.
The MSW@USC program offers three departments of study:
- Adults and Healthy Aging
- Children, Youth and Families
- Community, Organization and Business Innovation
Earn a Master of Social Work online from top-ranked USC in as little as one year. The CSWE-accredited program features live, online classes and hands-on field experiences near your community. GRE scores are not required to apply. Bachelor's degree required. Learn more!
Designed for social workers who want to make a difference in their communities, the MSW@USC is the University of Southern California’s accredited Master of Social Work program delivered online. The program features live, online classes and hands-on field experiences in students’ own communities. With classes taught by supportive USC faculty in an engaging, collaborative online classroom, students do not need to relocate to earn this top-ranked degree.
With the MSW@USC, students can:
- Choose their own path with a range of career-focused departments
- Accelerate their studies with an advanced standing program, which allows candidates who hold a BSW to complete their degree program in as little as one year*
- Establish lasting connections with peers and faculty and join the USC alumni network of more than 375,000 members worldwide
*Advanced standing candidates must meet certain qualifications.
- The University of Southern California’s online Master of Social Work (MSW) program is accredited by the CSWE.
- The MSW@USC features live, face-to-face classes; highly produced, self-paced course content; a highly engaged community; and small class sizes with a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
- Ranked #12 by U.S. News & World Report, the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is one of the highest-ranked social work schools to offer an online, nationwide MSW.
- The MSW@USC finds field education placements for its students, with more than 4,000 placement sites worldwide.
- Students gain confidence and skills with the Virtual Field Practicum (VFP), the MSW@USC’s required, supervised online clinical experience in the virtual classroom.
- The MSW@USC is the only online MSW program with VFP, an online field experience in which students hone skills in a supervised setting prior to entering community placement.
The MSW@USC is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Accreditation verifies that the MSW@USC social work degree meets the high standards considered essential to providing a quality social work education and ensuring that every student graduating from a social work program has the same requisite skills and knowledge.