About the school
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work educates students with diverse backgrounds from across the country through its on-campus and online programs. Delivered by a top-ranked school of social work (#12, by U.S. News & World Report), the program is celebrated for its innovation; contributions to the field; and dedicated, engaging faculty. Universities, organizations and governments from around the world look to the school for expertise in social work education, clinical practice, research and program innovation.
The MSW@USC program offers three departments of study:
- Adults and Healthy Aging
- Children, Youth and Families
- Community, Organization and Business Innovation
Earn a Master of Social Work degree online from the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. This CSWE-accredited program features live, online classes and hands-on field experiences near your community. GRE scores are not required to apply, and you can complete your degree in two years or less. Bachelor's degree required.
Designed for social workers who want to make a difference in their communities, the MSW@USC is the University of Southern California’s accredited Master of Social Work program delivered online. The program features live, online classes and hands-on field experiences in students’ own communities. With classes taught by supportive USC faculty in an engaging, collaborative online classroom, students do not need to relocate to earn this top-ranked degree.
With the MSW@USC, students can:
- Choose their own path with a range of career-focused departments
- Accelerate their studies with an advanced standing program, which allows candidates who hold a BSW to complete their degree program in as little as one year*
- Establish lasting connections with peers and faculty and join the USC alumni network of more than 375,000 members worldwide
*Advanced standing candidates must meet certain qualifications.
- The University of Southern California’s online Master of Social Work (MSW) program is accredited by the CSWE.
- The MSW@USC features live, face-to-face classes; highly produced, self-paced course content; a highly engaged community; and small class sizes with a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
- Ranked #12 by U.S. News & World Report, the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is one of the highest-ranked social work schools to offer an online, nationwide MSW.
- The MSW@USC finds field education placements for its students, with more than 4,000 placement sites worldwide.
- Students gain confidence and skills with the Virtual Field Practicum (VFP), the MSW@USC’s required, supervised online clinical experience in the virtual classroom.
- The MSW@USC is the only online MSW program with VFP, an online field experience in which students hone skills in a supervised setting prior to entering community placement.
The MSW@USC is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Accreditation verifies that the MSW@USC social work degree meets the high standards considered essential to providing a quality social work education and ensuring that every student graduating from a social work program has the same requisite skills and knowledge.